Young People Friendly Service
- The practice is working towards the “The Young Person Friendly Standard / You’re Welcome Award"
- We provide many FREE services such as FREE pregnancy testing, FREE testing for sexually transmitted infections, FREE contraception and emergency contraception and FREE condoms for patients under 25 years of age.
- Any referrals to NHS abortion services are FREE too
- Staff have been fully trained in providing this sensitive service to young people. Teenagers are welcome at the surgery where we offer a friendly and strictly confidential service, including sexual health advice and sexual health screening. Common sexually transmitted infections can be screened for without the need for an examination.
- All patients, including under 16yrs, maybe seen by a doctor or nurse either alone, with a friend or you may request a chaperone. Every consultation with be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
- We also operate the C-Card scheme, which means, that once you have registered for the scheme, we are able to provide free condoms together with other registered sites across the city.
You can also visit https://www.nuh.nhs.uk/SexualHealthServices